Recipe: Fig, Haloumi & Rocket
Queensland fig, pan fried haloumi, rocket, Pomona honey & pistachio dust
• 200g Haloumi
• 2 x Figs
• 40ml Pomona Honey
• 20g Pistachios
- Toast the pistachios in an oven at 160 degrees for seven minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool slightly and blitz in a food processor until roughly chopped.
- Cut the fig into four and set aside.
- Cut the haloumi into 1cm thick chunks. Heat a thick bottom non-stick frying pan until hot, reduce to a medium heat and add little amount of cooking oil.
- Place the sliced haloumi in the pan and cook until the cheese becomes golden and flip over and cook on both sides. Remove and place on a paper towel to drain off any excess oil and place on serving plate.
- Using the same frying pan on a medium heat place the figs in the saucepan with one of the cut sides facing down and cook until figs start to caramelize. Flip the fig on to the other cut side and repeat the process. Once caramelized turn the fig on to the skin side and drizzle some Pomona honey over them. Quickly sauté for about 30 seconds, remove and place on top of the fried haloumi. Sprinkle toasted pistachios over.