Recipe: Kingfish Sashimi
Kingfish Sashimi with Pickled Japanese Pink Turnip and Celery, Miso Dressing, Sesame and Shiso
400gm fresh Yellow Tail Kingfish, skin and bloodline removed
100gm Japanese pink turnips, finely julienned
100gm celery, julienned
30gm pickled ginger, finely julienned
50ml pickled ginger liquid
½ tsp salt
30gm white miso
30ml light soy sauce
15ml rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
¼ cup shiso leaves
• Mix together the turnip, celery, pickled ginger, ginger juice and salt and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
• Whisk together the miso, soy, vinegar and sesame oil.
• Slice the kingfish across the grain into 3mm slices and arrange on a platter or individual plates.
• Drizzle with miso dressing and arrange pickled vegetables on top.
• Sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh shiso leaves.