Soiree Style Recipes
Bringing together some of the region’s best chefs to showcase local ingredients was a key part of our Hello Sunshine Sunday Soirée. The food (and let’s face it, the cocktails!) were such a hit we thought we’d share some of our faves for you to give a try for your next soirée!
- Good quality butter savoury tart shells (4cm)
- 50g baby rocket
- 10g freeze-dried Little White Goats’ Cheese Feta
- 350g Eastwell Farms oyster mushrooms sliced
- 3 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 lemon zest
- 3 stick thyme
- ½ bunch chives
- 2 tsp sea Salt flakes
- ½ tsp cracked Pepper
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 40g toasted pine nuts slightly crushed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Add oil to saucepan and heat slowly with shallots, garlic and picked thyme leaves. Cook, stirring frequently until completely softened approximately 5-10mins. Increase heat to high and add sliced mushrooms, butter, salt, and pepper. Cook until mushrooms have softened. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature, add chopped chives, pine nuts, lemon zest and rice wine vinegar. Adjust seasoning. Mix will store in airtight container for up to 5 days refrigerated.
- Prebake your tart shells in a 170c oven for 5 mins to freshen them up. Place mushroom mix somewhere warm for 10mins before serving. Add 1 to 2 tbsp of mushroom mix to each tart, tear some rocket leaves and place on top of the tart, sprinkle with freeze-dried feta.
Roasted Lamb Rump, Dukkah Pumpkin, Kale, Freekeh and Almond Salad, Yoghurt and Tahini Sauce by Matt Golinski
- 4 x 180gm lamb rumps
- 4 wedges Kent pumpkin
- 4 tbs dukkah
- 2tbs vegetable oil
- 1 bunch kale, stripped from its stalks and roughly chopped
- ½ cup freekeh
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup almond flakes, toasted
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 50ml lemon juice
- 50ml olive oil
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup tahini
- 8 cloves black garlic, sliced
- Simmer the freekeh in chicken stock until tender. Cool.
- Brush the pumpkin wedges with vegetable oil, spread out on a baking tray lined with baking paper and sprinkle with dukkah. Roast at 200°C for 20 – 25 minutes or until soft and lightly coloured.
- Whisk together the yoghurt and tahini until smooth, season with salt and pepper.
- Season and sear the lamb rumps and roast until medium.
- Mix together the freekeh, kale, almonds and mint and dress with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Spread a generous spoonful of yoghurt and tahini sauce on four plates and top with a wedge of pumpkin.
- Add a handful of kale salad, slice each rump into three slices and fan over the salad.
- Garnish with slices of black garlic and serve hot.
Yuzu & Lemon Méringue Tart Cacahuetes au Chocolate Tart by By The Wonky Loaf
These organic sourdough desserts from The Wonky Loaf were so freakin’ amazing, we’re not even going to try to cook them at home – ever! Nothing could replicate the magic of The Wonky Loaf’s 36-hour fermented sourdough pastry shells. Our recipe for dessert success is to call The Wonky Loaf or drop into the Kuluin café and enjoy a Flying West coffee while we sample the range! Now that’s Savvy! Phone 5343 7627.
Passionata Cocktail By The Bartenders
- 45ml Sunshine & Sons Dry Gin
- 15ml Elderflower Liqueur
- 20ml Seedless Passionfruit Pulp
- 20ml Simple Syrup
- 20ml Aquafaba
- 15ml Lime Juice
- Shake Cocktail in shaker and double strain into martini coupe.
- Garnish with dehydrated lime wheel